Sunday, July 8, 2012

Good Eats

I've tried a few things this past week that have turned out amazing. First, broccoli quinoa casserole. It was super easy, and really tasty. 


One 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise ( I used maybe a teaspoon)
2 tablespoons milk ( I used soy milk)
1 1/4 cups reduced fat shredded cheese ( I did less)
1/2 teaspoon sugar (didn't do this.) 
1/4 teaspoon black pepper (who measures this?)
Dash freshly grated nutmeg (or this. i don't currently have nutmeg.)
2 cups cooked broccoli
1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa 
Parmesan cheese
( I also added a little garlic and some chopped onion.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 8×8 casserole dish - or individual ramekins - with vegetable cooking spray.

In a large bowl combine the soup, mayonnaise, milk, shredded cheese, Splenda, pepper, and nutmeg until well mixed. Stir in the quinoa and broccoli.
Spoon mixture into prepared casserole.  Sprinkle on a couple tablespoons Parmesan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly on the edges and golden.  Makes 8 generous 1/2-cup servings.


recipe and photo from here.


It was pretty tasty I will admit, and Nathan thinks it's bomb. (bonus!) So I've been seeing peaches at the store and I always want to buy them all. I miss living next to the Walleys and getting to pick their peaches. I ended up buying a few, and when I cut it open, I almost past out from goodness to my nose senses. I love peaches! We also have mangos from bountiful basket. (I haven't had too much experience with mangos, so they are kind of like an adventure) So we chopped those buddies up and tossed them in the blended with a little soy milk, agave, and ice and had ourselves a yummy dessert. 


these fruits smell so good!







Also with some of the mangos, I made a mango crisp. Basically apple crisp..minus the apples, and add mango. It was pretty good, I think if I had some raspberries in it, it would have been even better. Maybe next time. 

And lastly...(yes..more mangos) we made a mango salsa after church. I've never made salsa before, even though I come from the salsa making king. I would say it was a success. It's not very pretty. In fact, may look familiar to when you're sick. But it tastes really good. I won't post a picture because...it literally looks like puke. Happy Sunday!



2 comments:

  1. I'm not exactly sure what quinoa is but I love broccoli casserole. (It's the one thing with veggies that my son will actually eat.) It looks good in your pictures though!

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinoa is very similar to rice. But less carbs, more protein and higher fiber.

    ReplyDelete

Us

Contact me

Name

Email *

Message *