Monday, October 15, 2012

Big News

The day has come. As many of you know, I wasn't happy with my current job. I often times would come home crying, or just exhausted emotionally. When I was first offered this job in August, I had this feeling that I couldn't shake. It was kind of uncomfortable, just strange. I prayed about it, had a blessing, and didn't feel like I received a specific answer, or feel like I shouldn't move forward So I took the job. Things went relatively well, but there was just something always there, I felt like it wasn't a good fit for me. I endured through September and most of October, then just 2 weeks ago I received an email from another company that I applied to when we first got to Utah. They were wanting to interview me. At first I didn't know what to do. I had a full-time job in the field that I graduated with just a few months after college. We decided I could at least interview, and then we'd figure it out after they had made a decision.

40 people applied for this position, the interviewer picked 10, then his boss picked her 2 favorites. I was one of those favorites. The interview went well, and I just felt so confident and happy after the interview. At the end of the interview, I was given a "homework assignment." Just a little ad to do, to see what my style and ability was on the fly. I sent that back the following Monday (my interview was on Friday). THEN, I got an email from the boss. She wanted to talk to me on the phone. So she called, we talked, it went great. She told me that the only hesitation she had with me was my lack of experience. (How am I supposed to get the 3-5 years of experience if every job requires 3-5 years of experience?) But she said that she was really impressed with the work that I had done. And offered me the job.

Ummmm...WHAT! Yes. After the phone call. I had a little breakdown/prayerfest. I thanked my Heavenly Father for this opportunity. I feel that this was why I had this uneasy feeling. He knew this was coming my way, but didn't stop me because we needed money to get us through these last two months.

Today I talked to my current boss, and we decided that today was my last day. Because of where I was with projects, and today was the last day of the pay period it worked perfectly. There were no hard feelings, and she even mentioned doing free-lance work for them in the future.

I'll be going in to do paperwork this week, and hopefully start my new job next week.

I am so blessed.


And in other news, Nathan got a 97% on his nutrition test. He's a beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Us

Contact me

Name

Email *

Message *